Private Guitar Lessons for ages 8 - adult
No matter what type of guitar lessons you are interested in, we have university-trained teachers to help you! Our instructors know the proper theory and technique no matter if a student is interested in classical guitar or metal, learning pop/funk bass lines, or just strumming their favorite folk tune! Learn how to jam with teachers or other students, or perform a solo in one of our recitals!
We help students define and know their strengths with the guitar. We teach them foundations, and then show them how to develop rock/blues riffs, classical technique, or song-writing skills, depending on what they are interested in!
Typically a student would be age 8 before starting guitar lessons, due to their hand size, but some younger students start with a junior sized guitar. Consistent home practice is the other magical component to doing well with guitar or bass lessons.
Guitar and bass students will learn:
- To develop their own unique voice on their instrument, be it acoustic or electric guitar
- To read music and understand how rhythms, melodies, and chords are organized
- To be creative and develop a wonderful sound
- Guitar styles from many cultures and traditions including classical, rock, jazz, and folk traditions
- Correct physical approach and posture for pain-free practice
Enrollment is ongoing! It's never too late to join us for fun in making music! Call us today at 503.287.5028 or register online to schedule your first one-time trial guitar or bass lesson!