Private Violin Lessons for ages 4 - adult
Our fun, university-trained teachers at Portland School of Music & Dance teach correct violin posture, tension-free technique, ear-training exercises, rhythm studies and fun songs that appeal to students of all ages! String instruments pose their own special challenges. Fine motor skills; balancing your bow for just the right musical touch; delicate intonation and ear-training skills; reading your music well; bowing correctly with your rhythms — you need weekly feedback & encouragement to know that you are on the right track!
Students will learn:
- To develop beautiful tone production
- To read music and understand how rhythms, melodies, and chords are organized
- Ear-training exercises to assist the student with pitch-matching, pattern recognition, etc.
- To be creative and develop a unique sound
- Styles from many periods and traditions
- Correct physical approach and posture for pain-free practice
Enrollment is ongoing! It's never too late to join us for fun in making music! Call us today at 503.287.5028 or register online to schedule your first trial violin lesson!