Private Violin/Viola Lessons for ages 4 - adult
Our fun, university-trained teachers at Portland School of Music & Dance teach correct violin/viola posture, tension-free technique, ear-training exercises, rhythm studies and fun songs that appeal to students of all ages! String instruments pose their own special challenges. Fine motor skills; balancing your bow for just the right musical touch; delicate intonation and ear-training skills; reading your music well; bowing correctly with your rhythms — you need weekly feedback & encouragement to know that you are on the right track!
Students will learn:
- To develop beautiful tone production
- To read music and understand how rhythms, melodies, and chords are organized
- Ear-training exercises to assist the student with pitch-matching, pattern recognition, etc.
- To be creative and develop a unique sound
- Styles from many periods and traditions
- Correct physical approach and posture for pain-free practice
Enrollment is ongoing! It's never too late to join us for fun in making music! Call us today at 503.287.5028 or register online to schedule your first one-time trial violin or viola lesson!